As the end of the semester comes to a close, it’s time to get ourselves looking and feeling pampered and radiant as we head into the much anticipated and long awaited Summer break. For a quick fix and instant results, face masks are the perfect solution for those last minute events or if you just want a little confident boost.
I was very excited to get my hands on the Glamglow supermud clearing treatment that is formulated specifically for clearing out pores and help fight breakouts, redness and visible congestion.
I don’t know about you guys, but I love reading all the goodness packed inside a product so that I know exactly what it will do to my skin and to learn about the different types of acids and oils that will do exactly what I’m looking for.
The key ingredients in this product are:
- Acnecidic-6 4.4%: This acid balances out the PH levels in your skin that deal with breakouts, de-clogging, pore minimising, pigmentation and scarring.
- Activated X charcoal: This ingredient is an absorption carbon that attracts the toxic substances and draws out dirt and congestion from the epidermis (top layer) of the skin’s layer.
- K-17 Clay: Extracts and encapsulates excess sebum oils and bacteria. If you have combination to oily skin, look for this ingredient for a vigorous cleanse.
- Teaoxi: This is what gives the product the organic scent of eucalyptus it is derived from real pieces of eucalyptus leaf.
How to use:
- Remove excess makeup and face oils, serums and moisturisers from you face.
- Apply a moderate layer of the treatment on your face, excluding your eye area, paying particular attention to your T-Zone (forehead, nose and inner cheek areas).
- Leave on face for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
- Apply a moisturiser so that your face isn’t left dry.
Having oily skin and visible black heads, I was so excited to see instant results of minimised pores and just a whole makeover on my overall skin type. However, if you are looking for instantaneous rapid change, this isn’t the case. Although my skin did feel super soft and supple, my pores unfortunately to my dismay were still there. I did notice a slight difference in that it did look ‘cleaner’ as in my skin looked and felt smoother and even.
This mask was truly one of a kind because as soon as it lands on your skin, you can feel it tightening and visually see it seep into your pores, leaving the surface of your skin resembling a sponge with the dots from your pores sprawled across your face. I couldn’t stop staring at how much pores I had on my face and it was almost therapeutic in a way to see the product digging into all the nooks and crannies of your face.
I highly recommend applying a moisturiser or something that will nourish the skin because it does extract oils and dirt so you don’t want to leave your skin to dry, which will in effect produce more sebum oils to combat the dryness and in advance leave you oiler than you began with. My face was slightly red at the end and I think it was due in most part to the vigorous cleansing out the toxins.
It is the next day that I am writing this review and my skin still feels baby soft. However, I’m a firm believer that good things come to those who wait so I’m going to be patient and not let the excitement of products that promise pore vanishing miracles get to me and my envision of a poreless, flawless face.
Overall, it did even out impurities and smoothed out my imperfections so I give this product a 7.5/10.
I would to hear other comments and feedback so if you have used this product, let me know your thoughts down below 🙂