We’ve all heard of the saying ‘diamonds are a girl’s best friend’, but to me I think that our real inanimate best friends are our purses. We carry them everywhere we go, and in it they store everything from lifesaving essentials to bits and bobs that represent who we are as a person.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who would admit that there’s nothing more fascinating than knowing what other people store in their handbags. It’s a brief insight into their world through their personal possessions they carry with them, whether they organise their items into separate compartments or if it’s as vast as the black hole; what wallet or cardholder they own and the design; what type of gum person they are (or if they’re a mint person) etc etc.
So here’s a version of what I store in my purse on a daily basis. This is when I’m going out to meet friends or rushing out the door to run the day’s errands. And to all you eager individuals out there, i hope this glimpse satisfies your curiosity.
Bag: Colette by Colette Hayman
I’ve been on the lookout for a classic handbag for the longest time and when I stumbled upon this beauty at Colette for only $55 I knew I just had to snag it. The design is very Celine inspired and the gold detailing just makes it look so elegant and refined. This purse is definitely worth its money since it’s lasted for several months and the condition is almost in the same condition as I bought it, which is so surprising not only for it’s price but the fact that I literally fling it around as it trails with me.
- Wallet (Sportsgirl)
- Sunglasses (Quay)
- Mentos gum in Bubble Fresh
- Opal Concession card
- Rexona classic roll on deodrant
- Victoria’s Secret Fragrance Mist (Brazilian Orchid & Acai)
- 2 hand sanitisers (Dettol & Bath and Body Works in Sugared Vanilla Wish)
- 2015 Planner (Officeworks)
- Lucas Paw Paw Ointment
- Crazy Rumours lip balm 100% Natural Vegan Friendly (Grape Bubble)
- Scandal Blooming Powder Pact (21 Light Beige)
- Gorgeous Cosmetics Lip Liner in Barely There
- Nude by Nature Kabuki Brush